Saturday 14 December 2013

MANDELA: TIMELESS LESSONS

What do you say to this?Dearly Beloved,If ever I am asked, "Dele Aina, do you have any regrets in life?" I would answer, "YES! Chiefly, because I never met Nelson Mandela." Africa, indeed, the world has lost the greatest black man that ever lived. I was tempted to call him, 'the second greatest black man that ever lived, following closely behind my dad'. But then I thought, when daddy reads this, he'd call me & say, "Didn't I teach you to be truthful & objective always?"

     So, let's give it to Mandela. Greatest dad? That's my dad! But, the greatest black man? That's Nelson Mandela! He shall remain, for ages to come, the most celebrated, the most respected, the most honoured black man, ever!I have studied the life of Mandela extensively.

      He was not born with a silver spoon. He had it rough & tough all through his lifetime. In spite of all his challenges, he loved & sacrificed. He loved his enemies, & sacrificed for his people. All African leaders should take a leadership course centered on the life of Nelson Mandela. Indeed, anybody in any form of leadership should take time to adequately study, adopt & apply the lifestyle & leadership qualities of Mandela.

      Mandela never owned a house in Dubai, UK, or USA. He never owned a private jet, never was extravagant or ostentatious as many African leaders (secular & spiritual) are today.

     Mandela admitted to have voraciously read the Bible while in incarceration. While I can't say assuredly if he ever confessed JESUS CHRIST as his Lord & savior, I make bold to state that I saw more JESUS in him than I've seen in most spiritual leaders globally.

         Mandela was focused, forgiving, forthright, & fearless. He fought a cause he believed for 27 years in prison, refusing to accept personal freedom if his people were still being oppressed.

    He came out of prison to become the first black president of South Africa, & exited after his first term. As president, he pursued truth, forgiveness & reconciliation; not vengeance, looting, & grandstanding. In all his health challenges, he was never flow outside of South Africa for treatments abroad. What was good enough for his people was good enough for him.

   Mandela was a LEADER! Let the looters, bleeders, & blunders pretending to be leaders all over Africa, & worldwide, learn from this great man. His was a Long Walk to Freedom, not a short cut to stardom, success & stupendous wealth, being bandied about in many places nowadays. LORD, have mercy!Nelson Mandela was my mentor, my leader, my good example. He was everything a good leader should be. He was all I hope & plan to be. I love this man. I love everything he epitomized. Every man, high & low, should aspire & strive to be like Mandela.

From today, when you meet anybody in leadership (spiritual & secular), ask them, "Are you like Mandela?" Whether they answer yes or no, add quickly, "Please, be like MANDELA!"

Let the children of presidents, governors, senators, honourables/dishonourables, LGA chairmen, & clergy, ask their fathers regularly, "Daddy, are you like Mandela?

Please, be like MANDELA!"Apart from his double divorces, Mandela was almost a perfect man. But then, who has never made mistakes in life?

I believe Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela is in heaven with GOD. If you disagree with me, go there now & find out! There are two men the world will never forget:JESUS THE CHRIST, & Nelson Mandela. In case you're not interested, I'm gunning for the third!

Friend, be like MANDELA!
Shalom.

Dele Aina @ Just Jesus Foundation 

(The doctrinal views expressed are that of the author)

No comments:

Post a Comment