Thursday 12 December 2013

BAPTIST DEVOTIONAL

     12  -   12   -2013
Thursday, December 12/2013

Luke 3:15-20

ONE MORE POWERFUL THAN JOHN

So John said to all of them, I baptize you with water, but someone is coming who is much greater than I am… He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Luke 3:16, GNB

        Don Moen sang a song in his album, 'I Believe There Is More', which actually is the album title track. Also in his album 'Mercy Seat', he sang in the track 'I Just Want To Know You More' saying, "And yet I know there is more; I hear You calling me to place where I've never been before; where Your love is flowing deeper than the sea …." Psalms 42, 61, 63 and 84 are also examples of a desire to hold on to all that God has in store.

      John the Baptist, knowing men were about to put a crown on him had to turn their hearts to long for more than he could offer. He showed a different attitude compared to the priests and Pharisees. The people were hungry for the Messiah and just an inkling of John's anointing made them think he was the Christ. John, in clear terms, made them realise that the best he could offer was the baptism of water; and, the Christ would come with something far greater than they had seen–the Holy Spirit and fire.

       There is more to your Christian life that the promise of the Holy Spirit will achieve in your life. Ask the Father right away (read Luke 11:9-13).

Prayer Point: Lord, reveal unto me more of You in my Christian life.

Prayers: cplagoscentral@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment