Wednesday 5 March 2014

BAPTIST DAILY DEVOTIONAL

SEEK DAILY (NBC)
Thursday, March 6
Matthew 21:12-17

HOSANNA TO THE SON OF DAVID

... the children shouting in the temple area, "Hosanna to the Son of David" Matthew 21:15, NIV

When Jesus entered the temple in Jerusalem, it was to fulfil a prophecy (Malachi 3:1-3) and to set in perspective the principle underlining God's Kingdom. So, Jesus demonstrated His messianic authority by purging the temple, sending the money changers, merchants and other unauthorized people out of the temple. He
said: "It is written, my house shall be called a house of prayer; but you have made it a den of thieves" (v. 13). His purpose is to right every wrong.

The truth is, what happened in the temple in the days of Jesus is happening in the church today. Therefore, if our generation must shout hosanna to Jesus, wrong practices must stop. You must not join those who do wrong in the house of God because whether we like it or not, Christ will cleanse Hid Temple. Just as the kids cannot be stopped from praising God, so you cannot. Do not allow anything or anybody to prevent you from singing the praise of your heavenly Father.

. Birthday Blessing: And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. Romans 4:21

Read Bible Through Passage: Numbers 24, 25; Mark 10:1-22

Our Lord had only one desire, and that was to do the will of His father; and to have this desire is characteristic of a disciple. - Oswald Chamber

1 comment:

  1. Father in heaven in Jesus Christ name that can be purged of depression, anxiety, bitterness, anger and deep seated hatred directed at you God. Come on in Lord God to take control the spiritual air in my house. Take away I rebuke the spirit of disappointed in myself and discourage. Take away rebuke this from me the demonic spirit of pain! The sexual want of all women that I lay eyes on to lust after them. Take from me rebuke headaches in my head that is full of confusion that is running losing. Rebuke the spirit of death dumb of weakness in my head. I shall thank you to clear up my head that I can start be allowed to begin to think to remove the suppression and the pressure in my head be lifted. There is a calling that I call for to stay awake and quit passing out. Break the spirit of religious. Remove the pressure of squeezing pressure on my neck . Rebuke the spirit of dishonest the tales of untruth that lies are being rebuked. Rebuked the spirit of immoral, murderous, wanting to harm cause harm to other. Take sexual unholiness of wickedness to be influence to want to sin

    ReplyDelete