Monday 2 June 2014

DAILY DEVOTION

SEEK DAILY (NBC)
Monday, June 2
Isaiah 26:1-13

MY SPIRIT SEEKS YOU
My soul yearns for you...my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. Isaiah 26:9, NRSV

We humans are made up of body, soul and spirit. As our body and soul long for attention, so also our spirit. God has designed our spirit in a way that it seeks to worship something or pay allegiance to a supernatural being.

This explains why some had to create objects of worship that they bow down to. For us as Christians, the only One who is worthy of our allegiance and worship is our Creator, God. Seeking the Lord gives us a kind of peace that surpasses human understanding.

Our desire to seek the Lord alone guarantees protection because the Lord is the everlasting rock (v. 4) and our elevation (v. 5). His words are our guide (vv. 7-8).

There is no substitute to seeking God. Your fulfilment in life depends solely on how much of Him you have. So, if you will sincerely seek the Lord, you will find Him. Decide to seek Him and obey only His commandments always.

• Birthday Blessing: "Wait for the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it." Psalm 37:34

Read Bible Through Passage: 2 Kings 9:10-36; 11, 12; John 9:21-41

Since my heart was touched at seventeen, I believe I have never awakened from sleep, in sickness or in health, by day or night, without my first waking thought being how best I might serve my Lord. – Elisabeth Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment