Saturday 25 June 2016

STAY INSIDE MORAL FENCE. ......by IREMIDE AKINSOLA

I grew up in an environment where I had everything decided for me. I was told what to wear and how to wear it. I was told when to go out and when to stay in. Just so you know, I was kept indoors
most of the time. When my friends were free, I was restrained and restricted. I would watch them from my window as they moved out of the estate. Sincerely, I was tired of the good child image. I wanted freedom. I wanted to discover life beyond my father's fence.
.
Just so you know, my Father was a highly respected man. He was a man of strong faith, but to me, he was a stumbling block. I hated being mocked by my peers. I hated the fact that I was kept indoors like a pet in a cage. So, one day, I decided to take a stand. I decided I was done with the acting and pretense. I was sick and tired of being the good girl. I was sick and tired of being called "SU". I would show them that I know my way around. The end had come to my "church girl" image; the chains that held me down for so long were gone.
.
On my first night out, I met a guy who swept me off my feet. He was a Prince. He was so adorable and the best part was that he loved me too. After a couple of drinks, he took me to his place just to show me around and drop some things before he dropped me at home. I was waiting in the living room for him to drop his things when I suddenly felt a strong hand holding me roughly. I turned and saw my worst nightmare. It was Prince. He begged me to sleep
with him, but I begged him to leave me. I begged him to have mercy on me. However, it seemed that my pleas only served to kill the man in him, because only a beast could do what he did next.
.
I was in tears as I held on to my torn garment. I had been raped. My pride was taken from me forcefully by a beast. As I wiped my tears, I saw a sight that confused me. I saw Prince on his knees. He was in tears. He said he loved me and that he never wanted to hurt me. He said he wanted to marry me. He said he wanted to have me all to himself. I looked at him with disgust and shook my head in regret. If only I had known, I would have lived within my Father's fence...but I didn't and now, I would have to carry the scar all my life.
.
PS. This story is fictional. It is adapted from the story of Dinah in Genesis 34. It teaches us that "...sometimes one shot is enough for the devil to nail you". Please don't hesitate to share your observations. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment